Events: Digital Rally Focuses on the Many Ways #SheBuilds
Launched on International Women’s Day, She Builds is a monthlong campaign to spotlight initiatives and solutions that empower women and girls to build livelihoods, communities, economies, innovations for development—and the future.
Each week is dedicated to a different aspect of women’s role in the advancement of society. Like-minded NGOs and companies focusing on women’s rights—such as The Girl Effect, Girls Not Brides and Girls Rising—will host a range of events, from live chats on Twitter to photo contests, a career webinar, and much more.
Through Friday, March 21, She Builds is hosting diverse lineup of online events as part the Digital Rally. Head to the ‘Get Involved’ page to see how you or your organization can participate in this exciting week of connections, awareness building and digital rallying!
The campaign website also has great resources with case studies and ‘how to’ guides to promote involvement and build active participation in the women’s empowerment space. Examples of resources you can find on the site include:
- Handy list of 10 must-read books for those working at the intersection of gender and development
- Trends in technology solutions that address violence against women
- World Bank report highlighting trends in women’s economic empowerment
- The story of how Senna, a 14-year-old girl in a mining town in Peru, is fighting her circumstances to finish her education and build a better future for herself
- Handbook on how to incorporate a gender component into all aspects of a project
Finally, you can join the Twitter conversations simply by using #SheBuilds.