Radar Roundup: September 13, 2014
Highlights from what we’re reading this week
- It seems the whole internet is talking about “feminism,” and not everyone is happy about it. Tips on how to explain the F-word in a non-threatening way.
- Stunning photos from Mawlynnong, a community in Meghalaya that is one of the world’s last matriarchies.
- Science says even brown bears like oral sex. (no video provided)
- More science! Researchers made a new antibiotic—lactocillin—from microbes that live in the vagina. Now you know.
- “There is something about choirs that has always attracted the queerest of them all.” There’s a new choir in town.
- “At 25, I was a virgin, without any sexual desires.”
- A personal story and a poem in support of the campaign to end early marriage.
- Dirty Talk 7.0 is tonight! Hosted by our favorite Aditi Mittal.
Badal ja! lately
- Consent is sexy. Oh my, yes it is.
- Meet Shalaka Sisodia and Dr. Anvita Madan-Bahel—two inspiring women who are promoting holistic sexual health.
- Find out why women in India are demanding orgasms.
- If you pass a book stall this weekend, pick up one of these 6 Indian books about sex.
Thank you to each and every one who joined us at Small Steps #2 on Thursday. We’re especially grateful to the Centre for Education and Documentation for being such generous hosts and Seeds of Awareness for co-facilitating the activities. Sign up for our mailing list to stay in the loop about future events, and let’s continue the conversation in the Small Steps forum.