Radar Roundup: September 27, 2014
Highlights from what snagged our attention this week
- “How do we conceptualise art practiced by ordinary women in everyday places?” Fabulous exhibition from the forever fabulous Tara Books (Chennai)
- The story behind Kolkata students’ rallying cry: #HokKolorob.
- Founder Cindy Gallop speaks about MakeLoveNotPorn and her mission to promote better communication on real world sex.
- “I thought it was about women being equal to men.”
- Feminist moments in sci-fi history.
- Interview with a transgender activist.
- How do women’s body parts become ‘unmentionables’?
- Priya’s Shakti—using comics to fight gender-based violence in India. And there’s more to it than murals. (Hint: Mumbai’s getting some new, interactive murals.)
- How to recognize sexual harassment at work.
Badal ja! lately
- Insights and inspiration from Indian women in science
- Newborns is a documentary about acid attack survivors
- A look back at Small Steps #2: Creating sex positive dialogue (Bonus: Aphrodisiac foods that were on the menu)
- “The question is not whether or not we should lean in, but how we can best manage our day-to-day lives in order to meet our larger personal and professional goals.”